BOOZY BAKING: LEMON & LIME GIN AND TONIC CHEESECAKE
- 250g digestive biscuits
- 100g butter, melted
- 600g cream cheese
- 100g icing sugar
- Zest and juice of 1 lime, plus extra zest to serve
- 50ml Finders Lemon & Lime Gin
- 280ml double cream
- 250ml Finders Lemon & Lime Gin and tonic (mixed as a drink)
- 2tbsp caster sugar
- 1 lemon, half juiced, half finely sliced
- Butter and line a 23cm loose-bottomed tin with baking parchment.
- Crush the digestive biscuits in a plastic food bag with a rolling pin, or blitz in a food processor.
- Transfer to a bowl and pour over the melted butter. Mix thoroughly.
- Tip into the tin, press down firmly into the base to create an even layer. Chill in fridge for 1 hr to set.
- Place the cream cheese, icing sugar and lime zest in a bowl and beat with an electric whisk until smooth.
- Tip in the Finders Lemon & Lime gin and double cream, continue beating until the mixture is thick and completely combined.
- Now spoon it onto the biscuit base, and spread to the edges.
- Smooth the top down with the back of a large spoon or spatula. Leave to set in the fridge overnight.
- Pour the 250ml G&T combination into a pan, add the caster sugar and lemon juice and boil hard.
- Once it has reduced to a syrup (about 3-4 minutes on a high heat), allow it to cool a little before adding the lime juice. Then toss your slices of lemon in the syrup. Allow to cool completely.
- Drizzle the syrup over the top of the cheesecake and decorate with lemon slices.